Please be courteous and don't claim any of my work as your own.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A few Organization Tidbits

I have a few things that I use to "try" to keep me organized. Notice the operative word here is TRY!

I use google calenders for things that are reoccuring and that have quite a bit of info on them.

Last year I was in charge of scheduling all the volunteers for Traffic duty at my kids school. I needed to contact the Room parent, explaining which volunteers I needed them to find, and then I also e-mailed the individual volunteers to remind them of their responsibilities.

In order to make it easier for me I set up a Google calendar, On fridays, I set a reminder to email me the names of the room parents and the letter that I always sent. I just put everything in the notes section, then I could just copy and paste the text and send those emails. Then on Sunday, I had another reminder with the text of the responsibilities email. Again, I'd copy and paste and remind the parents which days and times they agreed to volunteer.

It did take a bit of time to set up the system, (probably about 30-45 min) but it made organizing and keeping it all straight almost effortless.

The next website that I've started using is called If This Then That (ifttt). This is a sweet FREE site that follows basic commands, If ..... then ........  There are thousands of what they call "recipes" for actions. For example, you can set up an action that will occur if you tweet, then it will be sent to evernote.

No comments: